Three Guys Named Mike ~ 1951 -BW

QUICKIE: Eenie, meanie, miney, MIKE!

PLOT: A stewardess becomes romantically involved with an airline pilot, a college professor, and a successful businessman, all of whom are named Mike. When the three find out about each other, she has to decide which one she loves the most.

SUMMARY: Ah! To be the girl everyone likes. 'Tis the 50s, when airlines were begining their booming business and being a stewardess, ahem, a flight attendant was such a glamorous profession. Marcy (Jane Wyman) gets courted by THREE guys named Mike and she must choose between them. Who wins? Why, the one who says he loves her of course! But everybody's a good sport about it. Reminds me of when I lived in Texas and all the guys I knew had names that began with a "J". My girlfriend & I frequently mixed their names up. I blame the alcohol. The character developement of Marcy is what's most engaging in this film. I wish I knew more people like her. She makes everybody feel good about themselves. Who wouldn't love Marcy? It's got it's funny bits too, so, all in all a cute film.

No comments: